For the record, I’m not naive to think everyone in Atlanta is really interested in what goes on in the Perimeter Center. For that matter, I don’t think everyone who lives or works in Perimeter Center is concerned about it. Kind of funny to think about but it’s the truth.
Just in case you were wondering what the BIG DEAL is and why I’m personally so interested in the area, check out some of the facts below, taken from Sandy Springs/Perimeter Chamber Global Gateway:
- Central Perimeter Sub Market – Largest office market in Metro Atlanta with 29 million square feet.
- One of the region’s – largest employment centers (professional, scientific, technical, health care, finance, insurance, education, telecommunications and broadcasting).
- Sandy Springs is home to three Fortune 500 companies (more than any other city in Georgia) (31% of Atlanta market) (UPS, 1st Data Corporation, Newell Rubbermaid and Rock-tenn) with a strong complement of international businesses and consulates.
- Fortune 1000 headquarters in the area (15% of Atlanta market) include Georgia Gulf and Global Payments.
- Over 10,000 businesses in the Perimeter region and known as a great place to “live, work and play”.
- Easy access to I-75, I-85, I-285, GA 400, SR 141, Hartsfield/Jackson International Airport and Peachtree/Dekalb Airport
- MARTA has strong presence in Central Perimeter (Dunwoody, Sandy Springs, Buckhead/Lenox) areas
- Metro Atlanta’s largest concentration of medical facilities are located in the Central Perimeter market
- Awarded Best Workplaces for Commuters District Designation by U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and Sandy Springs Best Small City for Startups in 2009 by Zoomprospector
- Sandy Springs is No. 8 in highest income/capita for cities of its size in the U.S (medium household income/$67,260; median home value $328,624.)
- Sandy Springs rolled back occupational tax to 8% in order to promote a “business friendly” environment (effort coordinated by the Sandy
- Springs/Perimeter Chamber of Commerce and PCID); 18th in nation in exports MSPA; over 15 consulate/honorary consulate offices.
- Superior work force with highly educated population (60% of residents/college degree – 50%+ national avg.)
- Strong retail (shopping, recreation and restaurant) clientele